“HOKKAIDO BALLPARK F VILLAGE”
Announcing SDGs Initiatives Focusing on Children, Local Communities, and Partnerships
Plans to focus on children, including free admission for elementary school students and younger.
Fighters Sports & Entertainment Inc.(FSE) has announced that the development of the "HOKKAIDO BALLPARK F VILLAGE" (located in Kitahiroshima City, Hokkaido ; F Village), including the new stadium "ES CON FIELD HOKKAIDO" (ES CON FIELD), will be promoting initiatives that contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). F Village will implement the three buckets of sustainable initiatives focusing on children, local community, and partnerships. ES CON FIELD will be the home of the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters from March 2023.
As a company rooted in Hokkaido, FSE aims to coexist with the local community and contribute to regional development through sports and entertainment. From now on, together with various partners from industry, government, academia, and neighboring communities that support the project, FSE will expand its activities at F Village as a base to promote urban development that unlocks the future and leads to the revitalization of the local economy.
Among others, F Village will prioritize activities that promotes children's learning, play and growth since children will be the future of the local community.
1. F Village's focus on "children"
- - Free admission to ES CON FIELD for elementary school students and younger.
- - Provide safe play areas for children of all ages, both inside and outside the stadium, as well as training programs.
- - Provide opportunities to learn about the issues in the local community and to gain work experience (e.g., simulated experience in baseball team business and game operations).
- - arious dietary education activities
2. F Village as a sustainable city.
- - Provide a space for people of all ages, from children to adults, to gather and interact, and a place for community development.
- - Provide a sustainable transportation system that is safe and easy to use for all people: Develop transportation using EV buses.
- - Function as a disaster prevention base and regional evacuation site in case of emergency
3. Partnership, promoted by F Village
- - "All Hokkaido Ballpark Partnership Council" comprised of government agencies, local governments, businesses, and academics in the region, will seek the resolution of various issues through theme-based subcommittees.
- - Promote projects that aim to create general versatility through collaboration and cooperation across industry, government, and academia.
In addition to the above, F Village will explore various other initiatives to create a city that contributes to the SDGs, such as creating jobs that respect diversity, practicing diverse ways of working, and using energy efficiently.
Going forward, F Village will pursue the achievement of SDGs.
Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals, were adopted by the United Nations in 2015 as a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that by 2030 all people enjoy peace and prosperity. The 17 SDGs are integrated—they recognize that action in one area will affect outcomes in others, and that development must balance social, economic and environmental sustainability.